Individuals and SIM chapters may nominate themselves, fellow chapter members, or non-profit organizations.
The STEM Award Judges will evaluate all nominees and select the most qualified candidates. Each award category may have a winner and honorable mention who will be recognized during the SIM Connect Live conference in Orlando, Florida on May 15th, 2019.
The Awards Categories are:
- STEM Pioneer: recognizes a Chapter member whose contributions have significantly advanced local STEM initiatives over multiple years, these can include both the local chapter initiatives and those in the broader community
- Most Inspiring Leader: recognizes a Chapter member who has been deeply and personally involved in the local chapter’s STEM programs/initiatives and is actively involved in recruiting and mentoring STEM students
- Chapter Award – STEM Innovation:recognizes a SIM Chapter who has sponsored a significant community outreach initiative highlighting technology innovation, STEM career opportunities, and other types of outreach.
- Non-Profit Chapter Partner:recognizes a non-profit partner who works closely with SIM Chapters to make a significant impact in advancing STEM Educational opportunities either locally or nationally.
- November 1, 2018 - Nomination Process is Open
- February 28, 2019 - Last day to submit a nomination
- April 1 - Judging and Selection of Award winners complete
- May 15, 2019 - Awards winners announced at 2019 SIM Connect Live Gala